We have missed you and will be so happy to welcome you back! The safety and wellness of our visitors is incredibly important to us. While closed, we’ve been working on new ways to keep everyone as safe as possible while learning and playing at the Discovery Museum!
A few things you need to know before visiting…
The Discovery Museum will be open Wednesday – Friday with two daily play sessions to choose from, either 9:30-11:30 am & 1:30-3:30 pm. For the month of April, we will Spring into Saturdays with three Saturday play sessions, either 9:00-11:00 am, 12:00-2:00 pm, OR 3:00-5:00 pm. The Museum will close mid-day to sanitize, clean surfaces, and swap out exhibit accessories for daily deep cleaning.
Procedures to keep us all safe!
In an effort to continue to keep our visitors and staff healthy and safe during these play sessions, we ask all visitors abide by the following protocols:
- Masks will be required for all guests ages 5 and older throughout your visit. To visit and play at the Museum, you MUST wear a mask over your mouth and nose, no exceptions.
- We ask that you not visit if you’ve had a fever in the last 24 hours, have shown any signs of illness or have been in contact with anyone showing signs of illness.
- Observe social distancing dots throughout the Museum placed at 6 foot lengths to help you stay a safe distance from other visitors.
- Use hand-washing or sanitizing stations throughout your visit.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET, WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- No member of our party has been recently diagnosed with Covid-19.
- No member of our party is currently exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19.
- No member of our party has had recent direct contact with anyone known to have Covid-19.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
The Discovery Museum has always been acutely aware of cleanliness, sanitizing exhibits and museum spaces to ensure a healthy environment. Due to COVID -19, our procedures have been elevated to include a mid-day closing to disinfect surfaces and swap out exhibit accessories for deep cleaning, in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
Admission – MUST be reserved in advance
To protect you and your children, the Museum has reduced overall capacity of visitors in the museum during a play session. Admission tickets MUST be purchased online before coming to the museum.
Choose a morning OR afternoon time slot on the day/date you plan to visit. Either print your confirmation at home or show confirmation on your device at check-in. Tickets will be posted one week in advance.
Members will also need to reserve tickets online before visiting, using the portal below. Member discount will be applied at checkout. You must create a login and register on the website to receive the discount.
Museums for All patrons should call our Discovery Ambassadors during open hours to reserve their tickets. Museums for All allows those receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) reduced admission to more than 500 museums throughout the United States simply by presenting their EBT card.